Interiors & Floor Plans
When it comes to customizing the interior of your Summerwood structure, there are no limits. There are countless ways you can design, decorate and finish the inside of your building. Add a room by installing walls. Create a loft to store supplies. Finish your interior walls or leave them unfinished to give your cabin a rustic look. Insulate your walls to keep warmth in and moisture out. The possibilities are endless and we encourage you to be as creative as you like.
Be sure not to miss our ideas gallery below, there are some great interior photos to sink your teeth into.
For more ideas, click on one of the photos or descriptions below and see how inspired some of our customers have been when it comes to finishing their interiors.
Catalina Pool Cabanas
Sonoma Shed Designs
Canmore Poolside Cabins
Traditional Pioneer Worksheds
San Cristobal Gazebos
Sonoma Pool Cabanas
Catalina Pool Cabanas
We have put together some resources that will go a long way in giving you a peek inside our buildings before making your purchase. We hope you find this information helpful.
Our 3D video tours show how the interiors of our structures come as well as providing some excellent finishing ideas. There is one for virtually every style - be sure to take a look.
To help you visualize the interior of your Summerwood structure, we provide sample floor plans that offer suggestions on how you can utilize the space. Visit our floor plans page for interior layout options.
Note: All quote pages also feature a floor plan "grid" that you can print to map out your space requirements
Choose an icon below to see a cutaway illustration of the materials that are used in our structures - inside and out.
When building your Summerwood structure, you might want to consider outfitting it with electrical, plumbing and insulation for year round use. Below we've included some suggestions to help you with your goals.
Each Summerwood structure is purposely left exposed to accommodate various electrical applications. Whether you intend to light the inside or install a decorative ceiling fan, we provide the flexibility for you to choose the most suitable option, or allow a qualified electrician to do the interior wiring and connections.
As well, Summerwood structures can be fitted with appropriate plumbing fixtures so you can install interior enhancements such as pool change rooms, bathrooms, or sinks. We can provide stud layouts or customize the wall framing to accommodate your plumbing design.
To ensure that you enjoy your Summerwood structure year round, consider insulating your walls. This helps to keep the heat (or cool air) in and the moisture out. There are several ways you can finish your structure's interior (cedar finishing, drywall, wainscoting etc.), be sure to have the appropriate insulation and vapor barriers in place to maintain a moisture free environment. To help with this we include an exterior siding upgrade as a standard feature on our large buildings (ie cabins/garages). It is also an option on all other structures. Here is more information on our exterior siding upgrade package (the first step to insulation your Summerwood structure properly).
Interior Options & Upgrades
A finished interior means you will be able to maximize the comfort and use of your structure. We are always looking for ways to help you enhance the inside of your building. Choose from numerous interior options, including a wide selection of material upgrades:
- Cedar siding to beautifully finish interior walls and ceilings
- 2-sided partition walls to create separate rooms and more private spaces
- Steel doors for a modern and stylish look
- Insulation for warmth and protection
- An array of available cedar upgrades for rafters, trusses, studs, floor boards, and roof boards
- Benching and shelving to serve as extra storage and display
- Vinyl or pine windows to match the windows on your home and provide excellent insulation
- Pool stacks to vent your pool equipment
- Lighting to brighten any interior
- Stained, leaded, and/or beveled glass to decorate doors and windows
- Antique hardware to add to distinction and style
- Shower stalls for functionality and practicality
- Array of siding upgrades to enhance the look and feel of any interior
We've come up with a whole bunch of sample floor plans to help you visualize the space.
16ft. x 20ft. | 16ft. x 32ft. | 16ft. x 37ft. | 18ft. x 30ft.
- Rectangular: 8ft. x 12ft. (2 layouts) | 12ft. x 16ft. (2 layouts) | 14ft. x 20ft. (2 layouts)
- 5 sided (Catalina): 8ft. | 9ft. | 10ft. (2 layouts) | 11ft. | 12ft. (2 layouts) | 14ft. | 16ft.
- Surfside: 10ft. x 20ft. | 16ft. x 26ft. |